RE: [IP] Insurance Regulations

At 06:12 PM 1/25/2005, jimb wrote:

>Most policies, including mine will not allow you to be out of state for more
>than 3 months, i.e. read "no coverage" day 91....  puts a dent in the
>Snowbird scheme.... unless 3 months is good for you....

I've been thinking about this.  If you plan to stay where you are and work
until you're 65, these issues with your present insurance many not apply
when you retire at 65 because once you're on Medicare, you can get
supplemental insurance that may not have those stipulations.  I would check
into AARP, I know that they have a supplemental insurance for
retirees.  Supplemental insurance is a whole different story than regular
insurance.  So, this discussion may be a moot point, unless you'd like to
retire earlier.

RoseLea