RE: [IP] Insurance/Batteries

Sarah & Giles,
My Diabetes Educator and pump educator told me that Energizers  worked best
with MM pump.  I wasn't sure and when I had to buy batteries because I had
forgotten to put them in my kit, I bought Duracell 4 pack.  When I was
changing the battery the 3rd time after that, I checked my pump and realized
that I was changing batteries every 2 weeks.  I went back to Energizers and
I get 6 - 8 weeks.  I never used the sound alarm, only vibrate and depending
on how long I go before actually testing my BS, I get more or less time.

Devorah dx 82, on the pump since 7/04

Sarah,

I buy good good energizer AAA and one battery is good for 8 weeks on my MM
715. In total the pump in 8 weeks is pushing 3360 units of insuline. Who
cares about insurance on batteries that are woth 5.00 for 4. This is my
point of view.

Regards
Gilles

Speaking of insurance and batteries, does anyone know why MM does not allow
you to order AAA batteries through their website?  I know with my 508 I
could get batteries through them and my insurance would pay for it, but with

the 512, I have to provide my own batteries.  Ironically, I get more life
out of one AAA than I ever did with the three 357s even though the 357s were

supposed to last longer.  I usually got 5-6 weeks out of the 357s (projected

6 week battery life) but I seem to be getting 6 or 7 weeks out of one AAA
(projected 1-3 week battery life).  I don't use the Paradigm link (I use my
Ultra and enter manually) and I wonder if the meter link is what chews up
battery life to get the 1-3 weeks that MM proposes.  I don't use any special

batteries or anything (energizer).  I've also found that the IV Preps, when
I order them through MM are also covered by my insurance.

Sarah, dx '92, pumping '00