[IP] missing pump (long)

Well, it finally happened. Jenny has been playing soccer for all of the
six years that she has her pump. She boluses ahead, disconnects, leaves
it in her sports bag, and plays. Today, at her high school varsity
soccer game, her pump disappeared. She didn't notice until we were
almost home. We turned around and searched the field. Everyone else was
gone, but the field lights were still on, so we searched the field by
the bench where her bag was. No pump. We came home and called the coach
and everyone else we had numbers for. No pump. A friend said there was
a basketball game going on and suggested that maybe the trainer was
there. We went back to the school, talked with a custodian, the
trainer, the principal. No pump.

Then I drove to our local pharmacy to see if they still had any record
of her lantus prescription. They did. Unfortunately, it was over two
years ago. Our wonderful endo passed away last fall, and we aren't
established with another office yet. (That's another long story.) So
there was no endo to call.

I tried to call our pediatrician at home, but she wasn't there. At my
request, the pharmacy called the on call pediatrician and got a triage
nurse. She was clueless. She thought insulin pumps were implanted and
couldn't figure out how Jenny lost her pump. I explained how pumps work
and  I told her what I thought Jenny's dose of basal lantus should be.
Then she proceeded to call the doctor on call. In the meantime, I got
ahold of our pediatrician at home who said she would call the pharmacy.
Good thing because the triage nurse could not convince the on call
doctor to approve the prescription.

We finally got home. Jenny was 425. She corrected with humalog and I
gave her the same lantus dosage she got two years ago when she was off
the pump. I'm going to be up a lot tonight making sure we got it right.

Anyway...  my biggest question now is: Does anyone have experience
trying to get homeowner's insurance to pay for a replacement pump? When
I called them several years ago they said that the pump would be
covered.

I guess I will call Animas tomorrow to see if we can get a loaner. I
will also call the police and get a report filed. Any other suggestions?

Kay