RE: [IP] Insurance Regulations

 Jim, I am not near retirement age, but I do know from my father in law, that
you do need supplemental insurance. When he went on Medicare, we were told that
the supplemental insurance companies do not take previously medical conditions
into consideration for a certain period of time. I can't remember the length of
time though. Medicare does not pay in full for just about everything, but
supplemental insurance will pick up the rest of the tab if Medicare has made
some type of payment. My father in law was never billed for any dr visits or
hospitals stay or lab work etc.

 For any prescriptions and such that are covered, I am not sure. We did not get
him prescription coverage when he signed up and regretted that about 4 years
after. So definitely consider that.

Kim

jimb <email @ redacted> wrote:

My concern is what happens when we are on medicare. Whats covered, do I need
a supplemental insurance, will it cover a pump and its supplies????