[IP] Re: Insurance Regulations

 Yep, you summed it up pretty well. We're in Calif. and my husband would like to
retire early, but unless his company continues to offer health coverage for
early retirees, he won't be able to retire until I'm eligible for Medicare at
age 65. We're only 48, so we still have quite a few years til we could even
consider early retirement, but it would be nice to have that option one day. I
believe right now early retirees can keep the coverage if they pay the entire
premium themselves, but I expect by the time we're ready, that will not even be
an option. Pam

<What do people with diabetes do in the other
39 states?
Make sure they get a job that has health insurance coverage for them
after they
retire, work until they are 65 and are eligible for medicare or just
die when
they can no longer work?>