RE: [IP] tegaderm

Lori,

The way I use the tegaerm is like this.

1. I clean the site where the tegaderm will be installed with alcohol
2. I use a punch hole maker and make one on the tegaderm.
3. stick the tegaderm where you have cleaned with alcohol.
4. insert the canula in the hole that you have done on the tegaderm.
5. remove the backing of the sticky part and stick it on the tegaderm.

I think by installing the canula with the tegaderm give a better adherence
together. This is what I do since I am dx and never had a problem. I even go
5 days without changing it because I don't even feel the site that is on me
and with the tegaderm and canula combination keep the site dry and free of
dust since everything was cleaned with alcohol and even after 5 days I just
change the canula and keep the tubing. This is what I've doing for the past
6 years and never got infected. This is the way I do it. Never go against
your doctors rules.

Regards
Gilles

For those of you who have reactions to sites and use tegaderm, can you
be specific in how you use it.  Do you put a hole in it first if so how.
I bought some last night but could not figure out how to do it.
Sometimes my sites itch even after 1-2 days.

Lori Anderson