[IP] Re: Starting on Novolog

 I switched to Novolog because of a sensitivity to infused Humalog. I too had to
lower my basals, but at the same time increase my insulin to carb ratio
slightly. For the first week I was on the same basal/bolus rates as I had been
on Humalog, but I experienced highs into the 300's for about 3 hours after a
meal, then a sudden plunge to a major low within the space of 20 minutes. Once
my endo reduced my basals by about 10% or so, and increased my insulin to carb
ratio slightly, my blood sugars were completely stable. My sites also lasted
longer and I didn't get the hard, red itchy lumps that I had with Humalog. Pam

<Robert,
  When Josh started on Novolog from humalog, he had a 10% drop in
basals
 required. That was immediate. also his sites lasted much longer and
has little
to no irritaiton with large boluses.>