RE: [IP] Neuropathy or Carpal Tunnel

Pam: Good luck with your tests and with your insurance.  I am working with
mine to get more than $2,500 for my pump.  I was told that they only give
that much for DME (Durable Medical Equipment).  I am supposed to hear from
them soon.

Devorah Heyman

"Pam: I have a question. Is the pain like a really bad case of "pins and
needles" (like when your limb falls asleep)? I have that in both hands only
and
my internist thinks that it is carpal tunnel. My diabetologist hasn't said
what
he thinks and my Chiropractor thinks I can deal with it with exercise.
Devorah"

 Devorah, I had carpal tunnel 17 years ago. It pretty much affected just my
thumb, middle finger and index finger with some pain in my wrist. I got rid
of
it with 2 acupuncture treatments. This affects both my hands with the right
being a lot more severe. I get the severe tingling and numbness with
stiffness
in all my fingers and hand plus a whole lot of pain. My arm feels like it is
not
made of flesh but some kind of heavy wood instead. It is hard to explain.
Neurontin and Vicodin have really helped but I am interested in trying
Cymbalta
too. Has anyone on IP tried that yet?

 I am going back to City of Hope tomorrow for more tests for an islet cell
translplant. They will do ultrasound of my gall bladder, liver and kidneys
on
Monday followed by an interview with their top psychiatrist.

 I have been fighting with HealthNet to get proof that they will cover the
immunnosupressants if I get the transplant. They say they can give evidence
that
the meds are not "excluded" but not that they are covered. How retarded is
that?
I have been trying for 3 months to get something in writing. All they have
given
me is a sheet of paper showing Tacrolimus is in their formulary but nothing
with
my name on it showing they will cover it. Boo! Hiss! It may take the full 2
years of the Clinical Trial to get the dang proof for COH!

 Pam (Frustrated as usual with insurance. Are they just trying to wear me
down
so I give up?-'cuz I won't!)

email @ redacted,

www.pbgvpal.com