[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #677

In a message dated 1/22/2005 7:02:04 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Also, does anyone have any experience on blood draws and how to calm
> down!!

Oh Jake, that is a hard one.  I remind myself that oxygen in the blood helps
keep the pain down and makes the blood drawing eaiser and I focus on
 breathing. I do much better now for just a tube or 2 of blood because I know it
won't
be long before it's over.  I think for that I would have to stare at something
and put myself into a daydream state, if that makes any sense, and just keep
breathing nice and slow.
Good Luck,
Karen