Re: [IP] dr visit & labs

<snip>  He wasn't pleased with my blood pressure and my LDL so we are
tweaking things a
bit, and watching my bp at home for six weeks, then see where we'll go
with
that. <snip>  He also found I am spilling a little protein in my urine,
so we'll watch that.
It's 150. <snip>

I always wonder about *watching* something instead of doing something
about it. My thyroid was *watched* from '62-'78 until I was complaining
about almost choking to death nightly in my sleep because it was so
enlarged. My tests were normal (I have since learned that the
enlargement was caused by the gland overcompensating for not working
correctly) and fam. doc would not Rx a med. After all, my tests were
*normal*. I got my gyno convinced to Rx one, but he said to talk to fam
doc again first. He Rx'd then. But, You are already spilling protein and
your BP is a little high and you are a DMer, so what are they going to
watch? Watch it get better??? I don't think so.

Are you not already on an ACE Inhibitor to protect your kidneys? That
will also take care of the BP - which greatly affects the kidneys. Are
they going to watch them decline, then say "OOOPS - we should have...."?

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)