[IP] Ruth Ann's sugar free fudge

A friend of mind gave me some sugar-free fudge for the
holiday.  I usually don't eat that stuff (which she
knows, but she never gives up), but this stuff didn't
have any malitol, sorbitol or any other -ol.  It did
have 9 grams of sugar alcohols (where-from I don't
know-as the only sweetener in it was splenda).
Surprisingly, I didn't have any stomach/gastric upset
after consuming much too much.  Usually sugar alcohols
cause me horrendous problems.  Could it be only
certain types have this effect, or was the package
information incorrect as Splenda is not a sugar
alcohol-or is it?  The bad part was each piece had
some 20 odd grams of carbs.
Thanks, Meha