[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #672

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:33:30 -0800, you wrote:

>>I have a spoon of peanut butter before bed each night,  because it being a
 >>low GI food, it rises slowly and lasts longer, therefore, usually putting off
>>nigh time hypos.

Wouldn't it be better to adjust one's nighttime basal rates so that regular
 evening snacks to maintain bg aren't needed? Call me naive or something, but it
 seems to me that if you're regularly having nightime hypos, the culprit might
be
too high a nightime basal rate, rather than a lack of night time calories.

Just my two cents.

Peter