From: George [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:47 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] 7?? OR 712 or 715?

Which CGMS?   I understood that it would be the Guardian III that
communicates with the Paradigm and neither the Guardian II nor the
Guardian I have been released yet.

      http://www.medtronic.com/annual03/MDT03pfRevised.pdf

I found the discussion of the links between long-term sensor
technology and the implantable pump to be quite interesting, check
out pages 33 and 58 on their Annual Report.  All of the discussion
about the long-term sensor was strictly in relation to the
implantable pump.   The only statements made about the Guardian
system would be its ability to alarm at preset levels, nothing on any
communication between it and a pump.

George