Re: [IP] Plastic versus Glass reservoirs

Michael said:

"The problem is that the Lilly and Novolog cartridges are ever so
slightly different in size. The DTron will take the Lilly cartridges,
but not the Novo cartridges. This is a problem for people that can't
use Lilly insulins. The Novo cartridge appears to fit in the DTron, but
in fact does not. The drive mechanism can be damaged by using the Novo
cartridge and both Disetronic and Novo have issued a warning to that
effect. What would be nice would be a "standard" cartridge -- this is
unlikely to happen because the drug companies jealously guard their
"patented" cartridges. I suppose it would be possible to design a pump
that would accommodate different cartridges however I suspect their
would be difficulties doing so".

Hi All,
Disetronic also advise that using a Novo cartridge in the DTRON waives
the warranty on the Pump.  You are left with manually filling cartridges
with
Novo if that's what you use.

Warm regards,
Janette