RE: [IP] islet cell

Jake, I'll give you my 2 cents but it may not be the best...  My concern
would be the anti rejection drugs.... make sure you understand what they
Are, side affects, and how long you will have to take them.

If this checks out, go for it...

jimb

Hey everyone.  I just met with UIC doctors and I am going forward with
the screening.  Although I haven't made up my mind if I should do this
or not.

I am fairly healthy right now and for most of my life have "accepted
the swings and the diabetes"  I am afraid to take the anti-rejection
drugs and am afraid of the surgery - although it appears to be really
simple.   I don't know what awaits me on the other side....Yet, there
is potential positives too.

I am wondering how you guys battle the choice between diabetes and
anti-rejection and the surgery?  I have had diabetes for 17 years going
on 18....and I have a baby boy on the way.   Yet, so far no major
complications.  But, nevertheless, this is an opportunity for me.  Even
if it only works for a couple years- Do you think it would be worth it?

Thanks

Jake
27 years old, 17 years diabetic, Minimed 515