Re: [IP] Sample Basal Profile for 13 year old Boy

It sounds like your son is entering puberty. When my daughter entered
puberty everything with her diabetes went crazy. It is very frustrating when
one day her bg is low at an unpredictable time and the next day it is
running very high, and then a two days later everything is in range and we
haven't adjusted the basal rates. We now have her testing more often, that
way she can correct highs earlier and treat lows  sooner (she doesn't always
feel her lows). The extra testing also gives us peace of mind knowing that
she is aware of her bg before participating in things.

Heather
mom of a teenage pumper