Re: [IP] Sample Basal Profile for 13 year old Boy

From: Mark Chorvinsky <email @ redacted>

> I have a 13 year old son, dxd at 4.5 (1995).
>
> We think that his basals are out of whack. I realize that everyone's
> milage may vary, but it would be very useful to see some other basal
> profiles for a 13 year old boy.

 I have a question: Where is your health care team in this? Shouldn't they be
monitoring the situation and giving you some help?

 In fact, I have a question for all of you: What was your training like (i.e.,
what did it consist of?) and who did it come from? Your health care team? Your
pump supplier (and, if so, what pump)?

 Mine was several steps: An assessment where I met with an educator, RD and
social worker to determine my knowledge and emotional readiness; a 3-hour
meeting to learn about the pump, punch buttons and hook myself up to saline -
then required to do at least three changeouts and mimic pumping insulin; when I
went "live," I was joined at the hip to an NP pump trainer, who required me to
test before and after meals, at bedtime and at 3 a.m. while my basals were being
tweaked. I was told when to fax my numbers and when to call her for instructions
on what changes to make.

Jan and ElvisToo