Because if you whine and kvetch, it is easier to do, and when nothing
happens, you are justified in the original whining and kvetching...

However, coming into the problem with a "can-do" problem solving attitude
requires you to accept responsibility/look at the other person's point of
view and work towards a solution, and does require work.  Please note that
just because I said this does not imply that I think that any wrongdoing was
performed by you.

Good job!

;)

Jeff