[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #671

Instead of getting so upset at the doctor or hospital and
simply quitting, why not try to resolve the problem?  I
obviously don't mean this in cases of real incompetence, but
the annoying problems like being told you are 20 minutes late
when you weren't.  I had a problem with the endocrinologist
recently. I showed up for an appointment and was told my
chart was missing so they couldn't see me, but no worry, they
weren't going to charge me for the visit. I went again, a
month later, for a second, scheduled, visit. I was told my
appointment had been cancelled as a duplicate appointment in
the system. Huh? Do you think someone could have called me?
So, I sent a letter to the doctor and copied the hospital
president and ombudesman. I was immediately called, and given
a new appointment. The doctor spent 30 minutes with me, went
over my labs, answered questions... He then asked if he could
continue with my care, and if so, would I come back in a
month. I was very upset with the original situation. But, I
was proactive and am now happy with the care I'm receiving.