Fwd: [IP] Talking about doctors

From: email @ redacted
Full-name: DShiv35517
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:17:27 EST
Subject: Re: [IP] Talking about doctors
To: email @ redacted

In a message dated 1/18/2005 4:02:03 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I recently quit my Primary Care doctor. Why? Because I haven't seen her for
> two
> years. No, it's not because I haven't gone to the office, it's because when
> you
> do go, you never see her, you see a Physician's Assistant for a Nurse
> Practitioner.

I am a Nurse Practitioner.  I have a solo practice,  when patients come to my
office, they know who they are going to see.  There are good NP's and bad
 NP's, just like good MD's and bad MD's. I always tell patients that they should
be comfortable and trust their provider no matter who it is.  Most of us are
lucky enough to get a "good fit" with our health care provider.  It sounds
like you did not.  I am sorry for your difficulty.  Please don't disparage all
NP's for a bad experience with one.   Debbie Shivers - Aunt to Blake age 5
pumping with Paradigm and Anna Beth age 25 pumping with Paradigm