[IP] Insulin for Pets

I have been following this thread since one of our cats was dx'd last May. We
started him on the special food right away but waited until after the move to
begin the insulin. I find it interesting that some of the people still let
their animals free feed. That was the first thing that stopped. At 7 am (or
 so...) we pull his shot (NPH..vet just dropped him to 1 unit from 3 after
glucose
curve - we think that is probably too little - but watching) and measure out
his daily allotment of his food, into the bathroom and give him his shot and
 food and lock him in. Then his sister gets her bowl, and the dog gets hers. The
food stays down for 20-30 minutes then they all come up and that is it till
dinner. Same thing at dinner (5ish) and so forth.  this has not proven to be a
problem and he is doing well.

Linda & Dax