Re: [IP] teaching doctors

Hello again.

I must raise issue with y'all (can y'all tell I'm a southerner).  You all
 ramble on and on about "How dumb doctors are" and 'what an ignoramus" and "I
Keep
telling him this".......Let make some mind blowing figures to the surface
about what a doctors does in a single day, when they are on call and when they
are off call....

On call days require 24 hours of time when the doctor is responsible for
 everything people call them about from "Junior has the sniffles and his nose is
 bothering him" to "Holy mother! I'm having severe chest pain and now I am going
to pass out!"  to "I think my water broke, but it is not water, it is BLOOD!"
 After all those fun calls the average MD or DO(whichever you see), in a 9
hour day sees over fifty patients.  On Off-call days, the doctor still sees an
average of around 50-60 patients in a day.  So, how can they remember what we
tell them?  First of all, BE FREAKIN' POLITE.  From the tone of some of the
 posts here, y'all are rude when your doctor asks and then you respond. Second,
remember that you may see me every three months, but I see about 1000 patients
in that time, between my office and my practice (well, for me, no practice
 yet). And then, to top all of this off, I HAVE A FAMILY! You are not nearly as
important to me as my family is, and heaven forbid the almighty doctor's kid
is sick, and oops....happens to end up in the hospital in oooohh....D freakin'
KA.  Do you think I may have something else on my mind?

So, next time you think about jumping those of us who dedicate our lives
taking care of all of you, please think a little and remember I probably don't
remember! Think beyond yourself, and unless the doctor molests you or assaults
you, or does grievous harm (and by this I mean Pulling you off all meds and
telling you to go home and rot), keep your tirade to yourself.

Meghan