[IP] Re: peanut butter

 Since all peanut butter is mostly fat, it could well be the fat which is
causing your high morning readings. As many of us know, fat reduces the
effectiveness of the insulin, so your overnight basal might not be enough to
handle the additional fat from a bedtime peanut butter snack. By the way, if you
get the natural peanut butter (the kind that's just peanuts), there's no added
hydrogenated oils like there is in most of the other kinds, as well as no added
sugars. Now that I've been eating the natural kind for years, I don't even like
the regular kind anymore. The only drawback is that you have to stir it up when
you first open the jar, and you have to store it in the refrigerator after it's
been opened. Pam

<Lots of Peanut Butter has SUGAR added - Sometimes LOTS Of it
Check the label >