Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:24:38 -0800
From: "Bob Kerns" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:Syringes and Cipro-AMAZING!

Oh good grief!

  Their facilities are FDA inspected. And inspected by the British as well.
Remember, it was a *US*
  company that brought us the flu vaccine fiasco, and it was the British
regulators that caught it.

  I've never been there myself, but I know a lot of people from that area. A
very
well-educated,
intelligent workforce.

  And maybe you can afford to buy brand-name products. I can't, even with
insurance.

  My concern was not with it being a foreign company. I was concerned it was
some
home-brew spinoff of
  our US unregulated "nutritional supplements" industry, that has brought us
such
goodies as Ephedra
  and lead-contaminated calcium supplements. And such bogus things as
"Corti-slim" -- basically
  claiming to help you lose weight by either curing Cushing's or causing
Addison's disease! (And trust
me, you do NOT want THAT!)

  I was also concerned with the possibility of counterfeiting. Rite Aide has
been
victim of
  counterfeits in the past (as I bet their competitors have been as well). I
know
Lipitor was one such
case.

It was problems on the US side that had me worried.