-----Original Message-----
 From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
PAM LA VALLEE
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 06:42

  I have had Type 1 diabetes for almost 40 years with few complications until
recently. I wake up
 nights now with extreme excruciating pain in my right hand and arm. My PCP has
me on neurontin
 (which I am not sure is doing much) and vicodin. It started out that 1 vicodin
per night relieved
 the pain but now I am up to 3 and it does not always work. Plus I am a
candidate for an islet cell
 transplant and fear that much vicodin will make me test positive for drugs. I
just cannot convey how
 ghastly this pain is as it is close to unbearable. When I am experiencing it I
think I would rather
die than endure another minute.