RE: [IP] Re: Syringes & pets and insulin

Stacey, my vet and I were just talking about the use of Lantus with feline
diabetes
and the feedback is quite positive. Since the usual diet for cats is so high
in
protein the Lantus is working very well. My vet says they get less than 15
minutes
of classroom time on the subject of diabetes and that about says it all.

Margo

My cat is on NPH, 8 units am, 8 units pm (he weighs 19 lbs and is a Maine
Coon cat - they are large).  He's doing ok with that, but just ok, NPH is so
peaky.  Have you had success with the Lantus?  It's way more expensive, but
 wonder if it wouldn't be a better option. I'd have to teach my vet about
it,
but
that's ok, teaching doctors is what diabetics do, isn't it?

Stacey