Re: [IP] Re: Syringes & pets and insulin

In a message dated 1/18/05 12:18:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>Even though I am on a pump, I get a box once a year or so and use a bag
>for my reserve kit, but my diabetic pommie appreciates a new syringe
>every so often :-) I'm going to put out a call for any spare Lantus or
>NPH. I have to buy it for the baby, as my medicaid won't cover HIS
>insulin <G>
>
>Ah well, at 3-5 U a day, he doesn't use much at all. Little Guy!

My cat is on NPH, 8 units am, 8 units pm (he weighs 19 lbs and is a Maine
Coon cat - they are large).  He's doing ok with that, but just ok, NPH is so
peaky.  Have you had success with the Lantus?  It's way more expensive, but I
 wonder if it wouldn't be a better option. I'd have to teach my vet about it,
but
that's ok, teaching doctors is what diabetics do, isn't it?

Stacey