[IP] Re: Heart Attack

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:04:56 -0800, you wrote:

>>I go high after eating a bagel
>>which is served at breakfast,  but I can't weigh it and although my diet
>>sheet says its 2 carb exchanges,

Remember that he said exchanges, not carbs or grams.   A typical bagel,
depending on size, will run around 30 to 50 grams (35 grams for a typical plain
3" diameter one, 56 grams for a typical lenders 4" one, etc), according to the
USDA nutrient list.

I'd guess the two exchanges may be a "rounded down" estimate.   Some bagels
might be that, but many will be closer to three or more carb exchanges.
Hospital ones, however, if I recall the last One I tried, should be zero grams,
as at least the one I last had, was made, it seemed, entirely out of cardboard,
which is indigestible cellulose fiber (I'm joking.  pay no attention, please.)

Peter