Re: [IP] Cure for Diabetes

At 4:48 PM -0800 1/17/05, Michael Robinton wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Hal &/or Jo Ingram wrote:
>>  Jimb,
>  > Look a little closer at J&J, I would not call it a family company
>since it has
>>  been a large public multinational company with stock on the NYSE for many
 >> years . If a cure is found, why would anyone want to buy it and destroy it?
>>  What would that accomplish?  Besides the meter/strip business is a
>>very small
>>  part of J&J's total $45.85 Billion revenue.  Of course the test strips are
>>  tremendously profitable for all meter/strip companies but that is what the
 >> investors deserve. Why should they expect less? Just my thoughts. -- Hal in
>  > Seattle
>
>If you hadn't noticed, all you folks that Insulin Pumpers has helped over
>the years use over $25 million dollars worth of test strips every year. See:
>
>   http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#bgtest
>
>You think these "helpful" companies would even think to help support your
>forum...? Not in all the years they've been asked :-(
>Michael

You can let J&J know about your needs here.  Be sure to leave IP's
IRS# 77-0496722 per their request:

https://www.lifescan.com/forms/feedback/

And for those of you who are using the #1 pump, annual cost $18 million,

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#pumpsused

let them know here:

http://www.minimed.com/patientfam/pf_contactus.shtml

Finally, for those of you who are not allergic to the #1 insulin,
annual cost $11.4 million

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#pumpinsulin

you will have the challenge of figuring out how to write a proposal
called for here:

http://www.lilly.com/products/access/foundation/cash/proposal_review.htm

Three #1's, which one will step up to the challenge to support you,
the customer?

George