[IP] Re: Bent Cannula

 Yes, dropping the pump and having it dangle can definitely cause the cannula to
bend, in my experience (11 years of pumping). My rule of thumb is if that
happens, I test frequently for the next couple of hours and if my blood sugar is
going up, or not coming down after a correction, I change sets. Pam

<Question 2:  Are there ways to prevent a cannula getting bent?  I've
"dropped" the pump a couple times.  It never hit anything as the tubing
is
only 23 inches long or whatever, but it just kind of swung for a second
until I reacted and caught it.  I wonder if this caused it to pull out
sort
of funny or twist or something and cause it to bend.   Any thoughts?>