[IP] Syringes

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:18:40 -0800, you wrote:

>>What are you paying for you BD Syringes?   I just paid $41 for a box of 100
>>and $45 for a box of 100 Ultra Fine 30 gauge 1/2 cc.
>>I have to find someplace that sells for less.  This is really ridiculous.
>>What do people who have no funds do to pay for all this stuff.
>>I also got Cipro...generic from "Dr.Reddy's home remedies" That IS the name
 >>printed on the bottle. Looks nothing like real Cipro and is doing nothing for
>>my infection.  Strange and all the from Rite Aide.
>>.

If you have a local Costco store, or a Walmarts, try their pharmacies, as well
as some of the online sources.  I've found Costco in particular, to be less
costly for the BD syringes, though I don't recall now exactly what it was, as
that's been some time, what with being on the pump now.

Also, I recall that the monoject syringes were substantially less costly than
BD, and there are other brands that are also even less costly than either of
those two major brands.  Look around, especially at online sources.

As to the Cipro, that's a prescription only drug.  If you got it from anything
other than a pharmacy that requires a doctors prescription, then I'd guess
there's a strong chance you got something other than the antibiotic,
 Ciprofloxacin (that's the correct generic name). Remember as well, that as with
all antibiotics, it won't fix any infection, only those who's causal bacteria
are susceptible to it, AND located in a body area that the antibiotic is
 effective and reaching. There are MANY viral infections, for example, that look
or feel much like some bacterial ones, and no antibiotic will help these.  You
 didn't mention whether Cipro had been actually prescribed for your condition,
or
 whether you self diagnosed. If the former, check back with your doctor. If the
latter, be aware that this can be dangerous, especially with some of the more
high powered antibiotics (Cipro is one of the "big guns"), where the risks of
developing resistant strains of an organism from taking the wrong dose or the
wrong drug, are significant, not just to you, but to those around you.

cheers

Peter Rowe