Re: [IP] Microsoft WORD

At 10:20 AM 1/16/2005, you wrote:
 >I run XP on my compputer and have Office 2000 that my SIS gave me.  She also
 >included the code so there has never been an issue installing her disk
into my
 >computer and Josh's.  That is why I told Kathy i was willing to copy it and
 >send it, incluidng the code!!!
 >
 >Sylvia
 >mom to Joshua

That is still illegal! First of all, for most copies of computer software,
unless the license says something different, you're not allowed to install
it on more than one computer at the same time. Secondly, for Office 2000
and above, you have something called "activation" which will prevent a user
from installing it on other computers (even with the proper installation
key). It goes online and checks with Microsoft and it'll recognize that
it's been installed on another system and prevent you from using it
illegally. And, third, anyone who copies software and sends it to someone
else with the code is also opening themselves up for prosecution.

It is a great concern that if people promote software piracy on this site
that we may lose our non-profit status. Please don't post this type of
thing here. Software piracy is considered to be theft, and not being able
to afford to purchase a program legally, is not an excuse.

Thanks.

Sam Skopp