Re: [IP] Microsoft WORD

In a message dated 1/15/2005 10:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I have  been enrolled in an online
college and I am very excited about it but the  only
thing is that for my computer course I will need
microsoft word  (not works) and I don't have this and
don't have the money to buy it either

I had this problem when I took a class online a few semesters  ago...you can
get around it if you have works on your comp (which most come  loaded with) by
simply saving your work as a rich text file or as a  word document (.rtf or
.doc). this worked for me because most schools have  word on their comps and
 the professors need the work you attach to them to be in a format that they can
open. you can't open works docs without works--hence they  will not take
 papers written on works, but if you save your works file as I said above before
sending it to them...all is fine. good luck and email me if you  need more help

Amy, mommy to  Alex--7yrs old dx'd 2-20-04
~pumping w/animas 1200 since  5-3-04