[IP] Jet injectors and long-acting insulin

Hi -

Has anyone taken Lantus using a jet injector (www.advantajet.com)?
 Can you tell me if I inject a small dose of Lantus insulin (2 units) will it
act "long-acting" in the same way as when it is injected by a regular needle? Or
does it "lose" its long-acting effect if jet-injected?
 I developed injection-site hypolipoatrophy while using pen-needles (allergy was
not identified but I may be allergic to silicon-oil lubricant that coats
pen-needles and so I don't use them anymore).
 I have been using an insulin pump for over a year but now want to try the
"untethered regimen" (described by Dr Steve Edelman)- splitting my basal rate
50:50 between Lanuts and my pump basal rate (Humalog). Am interested in hearing
from anyone else who has experience doing this.

Aishling
Dublin, Ireland
Type 1 12 years, Gentlejet 6+ years, Minimed 508 1+ years.