[IP] Re: Life of the privileged

> <snip> BG testing in those days was done with testape. You bought it
> on a reel like scotch tape, tore off a small strip and dipped it in
your
>  urine and watched the color change for a specific amount of time then
compared
> it to a color scale on the side of the reel. This gave you a
percentage of sugar
> in the urine. Results? Just marginally better than nothing.

That was the home testing method, but there has always been the lab draw
from the elbow pit - which we did once every 1-3 months and those were
fastings. No A1c's then. I liked to drip soda pop on a hunk of it to
test for sugar. Easy that way to tell if it was diet or not.

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

As long as there are tests there will be prayer in public schools ~
Maxine