[IP] Re: Cure

> Also, re: Chris Rock and polio.  Polio wasn't cured.  An immunization
was
> found to prevent it from occurring.  Almost has happened, like with
small pox,
> though it's not completely gone yet.

I was Dx'd with DM in 1950 and recall many neighbors who had polio. In
fact, they thought that was my problem for awhile. But, as far as a
cure, many are now experiencing what is called post-polio syndrome. The
vaccine did nothing for them. As far as a DM cure, I believe perhaps a
vaccine can prevent future diagnoses, but not reverse what has happened
to those already Dx'd. Sorry, but sometimes life is life.

There will always be some form of DM - look at those on the list who had
their pancreases removed. No cure there. :-(

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard. ~ Steven
Wright
I know there are no lifeguards in the gene pool, but there ought to be
at least a few sharks in the water.