> I have a T-2 friend who takes massive
> doses of insulin to eat small amounts
> (she's on the thin side) of carbs.
> She is not on any oral meds and I
> know some T-2's do the mix. Can you
> tell me which meds and what mix so I
> can give her some info to give to
> her endo?

Hi Jan, most commonly, Biguanides (Metformin/Glucophage) and the
Thiazolidinediones (Actos & Avandia) are given along with insulin.
Sulfonylureas are almost never given along with Insulin.  But presumably any
first year medical student would know this already.  Perhaps your friend is
not understanding what her Endo is telling her.  In my personal experience,
the addition of these orals can reduce the TDD, primarily by reducing basal
rates, but do not significantly impact the carb ratio (Bolus requirements).

What do you consider a "massive" does anyway.  Most T2's have Carb Ratio's
in the single digits.

Mike