Re: [IP] Re: Cure For Diabetes

 I hope you noticed the date of that article...April 2001. That article is
waaaaay off for today!

 George <email @ redacted> wrote:At 8:43 PM -0800 1/14/05, Tina Robertson
wrote:
>Case in point...in 1999/2000 Humilog was 18.99 cash per bottle...present
>price is 85.99 + (depending on where you shop) cash per bottle, that means it
>has quadrupled in price in 5 years, I hope your not going to insult my
>intelligence by tell me that production costs have risen so much to
>have caused
>that kind of an increase.

No, I'm only going to point you to a good site that discusses the
"rapid rise in insulin costs"

http://www.mendosa.com/insulin_cost.htm

I personally believe there is greater greed in the retailers than
there is in the wholesalers. I realized this as I picked up from CVS
a 30 day script for Amitriptyline and it cost me $9.99 as a co-pay.
I used to pay Eckerds less than $2.50 and that was when it was not a
generic.

George