[IP] Re: Life of the privileged

Cynthia I fully understand about unquenchable thirst and beating a path to
 the BR all night. I do not know how I managed without sleep in my working days.
Fact is I still never sleep more than four hours a night. I would drink until
I could hold no more water and still be thirsty. The big D must put a fire in
ones gut. I also ate everything I could find that did not out run me and lost
weight all the time. Then I simply went to sleep and lost an entire weekend.
Checked myself into the hospital on Monday morning and at 6'2" tall weighed a
 whopping 118 lbs. BG testing in those days was done with testape. You bought it
on a reel like scotch tape, tore off a small strip and dipped it in your
 urine and watched the color change for a specific amount of time then compared
it
to a color scale on the side of the reel. This gave you a percentage of sugar
in the urine. Results? Just marginally better than nothing.
B.W.