[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #660

In a message dated 1/14/2005 8:35:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

It may  not be your idea of a cure, but it sounds like a much better form
of  treatment to me.  I suspect that plently of people with diabetes  must
agree, because the wait for Islet transplants remains quite  significant.
Like you say, however,  YMMV.

Regards,
Scott

I am discouraged by the fact that I have been reading articles that state
that the islet cell transplants fail in almost half the recipients within the
few years that they have had them.  Does anyone have concrete information
about this?

ALida