[IP] Re: Cure for Diabetes

All the talk about no money in a cure brought up something that has bugged me
for a long time.
There are all these charities that want our money to help find cures. American
Heart assoc, American Cancer society, American Diabetes Association,
etc............. But if they do find a cure or new medicine, that isn't free
is it. They get free money for research and then charge for the results from
the money. Is my view to simplistic or am I missing something ?