[IP] Cure for Diabetes RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #658

>Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:39:36 EST
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Re: Cure For Diabetes

>Providing medications and supplies for the diabetic has become a cottage
>industry in the US today that brings in billions of dollars annually.
>Who wants to kill the goose thaqt lays the golden egg. There will never
>be a cure for diabetes for that simple reason. Am I overly pessimistic or
>what? I would like to hear some other opinions on this subject.

As far back as I can remember, I've always had this "thing" against the
medical profession.  You hit the nail right on the head.  I also feel the
same about all the other ailments...cancer, aids and who knows what else.
Where you're alive and can hardly afford medical treatment.  I've always
wondered why don't they just let people die decently like they're supposed
to.  But Nooo, they...no matter what...keep you artificially alive for who
knows how long against family wishes.
Now that most of modern man eats more than we need to, no exercise (who has
time).  I can see all the commercials already for glucometers, the only
drugstore I've seen advertising specifically towards Ds is Rite Aid.  Just
think of all the profits...syringes, insulin, alcohol, cotton balls, tape,
pumps, tubing, glucometers, strips, glucose tablets, ice packs (frio),
special little carrying cases both for pumps and insulin.  All the
medications connected w/diabetes Norvasc, Neurontin, Furosemide, Plavix,
Lipitor and Zocor.  What did I miss? Oh, yeah, the special food AND socks,
eventually those horrible looking shoes! Just think, all that for each
person times the years that they live times all the people that are D.  I
was seriously thinking about investing in some stock that specializes in Ds.
Any suggestions?  Pfizer, Merck, Novo, BD, Monoject.  What about
transplants...kidney and pancreas.  That must be a fortune plus you may not
have to take insulin any more but you will have to take the anti-rejection
shots for the rest of your life, they probably cost a lot more than insulin!
Marie      $:>
Dxd @age 5, D for 43 yrs.