Re: [IP] Nutrients

At 9:10 AM -0500 1/14/05, Ginny Mingolla wrote:
>Has anyone ever heard of Perque Glucose Control Guard?  It was recommended to
>me by a Doctor of Alternative Medicine.
>http://www.perque.com/pdfs/PERQUE-Glucose-Control-Guard.pdf
>
>Ginny   Type 1 at age 47.  Pumping with Paradigm 511
>.

The name "Perque" somehow became "?Por Que?" in
my mind!   I did a search on some of the terms at
the Quackwatch site (found on the Links page:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/links.shtml ) but
didn't come up with any hits.  So I went to our
Search page and used All the Internet sites that
Michael has indexed looking for "corosolic".
Success!!!
http://www.diabetesmonitor.com/z01.htm

It refers to a MLM product which may or may not
be related to this product, and, of course, it
does depend on the same "recent clinical studies
have shown".   The "William V. Judy, Phd"
mentioned mostly googles to touts for CoQ10
products, he isn't in the Texas that I know.
The product does have certain ingredients that
may be beneficial to you, chromium and vanadium,
but the most telling phrase on the 'sell sheet'
is at the bottom of the page:

*These statements have not been evaluated by the
Food and Drug Administration. This product is not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any
disease.

So, caveat emptor, or as I thought originally "Por Que?"

George    ;>)