[IP] Re: Correcting for lows

>Actually, the Paradigm works the same way for lows. Pam

Yes, but the correction in the Paradigm (and I think for the others
also) does not take into account the amount of insulin on board when
correcting for a low.    Example from my own pump history:  BG 70 at
lunch.  Ate 60 carbs.  Pump calculated 3.7 bolus for food, - 1.0
correction--fine.  But the 1.1 U IOB it calculated was totally
ignored, as the recommended bolus was 2.7.  I took it, and was
fighting lows by an hour after lunch.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska