[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #656

In a message dated 1/13/2005 7:38:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

That's  exactly the way it works if you are above your BG target.  But
suppose  your target's 120 and you are at 85 two hours after a meal.
You still have IOB from the meal bolus, but assuming it was a normal
meal and not something like pizza you are probably dropping and
should  eat something.  My problem is that with the IOB subtracted
only from  the correction portion of the bolus, the IOB is totally
ignored if you try  to bolus for that snack.  So you have to figure
the correction snack  very carefully and NOT bolus for it.
- --

With the cozmo, you can also correct for a low, it will calculate a lesser
rate of insulin.  When my son is low, we put in the carbs for the snack to
correct the low, as well as the low blood sugar result, it will calculate the
proper amount of insulin to dose based on our target blood sugar.  This  works
very well to keep us from overcorrecting for a low.

Alida