[IP] Wake Up Call

Lee Ann,
I have had diabetes for 35 years and have recently experienced retinopathy
so badly I needed a vitrectomy in my right eye---but that's it.  No
neuropathy, no kidney problems, and I am a recovering alcoholic and drug
addict (12 years clean and sober).  I did NOT take care of myself for years
and years.  So I think it's luck.  Take good care of yourself (don't be like
me), and hope for the best.  If I had to have eye problems, I'm glad I had
them now and not 30 years ago when the medical technology couldn't have
prevented blindness.

This is a good time to have diabetes.  My son was diagnosed at age 18, 4
years ago, and I keep telling him that.  I hope he sees a cure in his
lifetime.

Karen Howard