RE:[IP] Do I need a wakeup call or what?

>  At this point, diabetes doesn't feel like a death sentence to me.
>Yes, I have to be concerned with things (like testing, bolusing,
>planning and correcting)that others needn't ever consider... But I
>don't see myself as being all thatdifferent from my non-D friends
>and family. Am I living in la-la land?

Being born is a death sentence.  What's important is how you live.
Statistically, diabetics probably have a shorter life span than
non-D, and have a much greater chance of developing eye problems,
kidney problems, heart/circulatory problems, neuropathies and
probably a few other things I've overlooked.  But individual
diabetics can and do live longer and healthier than people without
diabetes.  Your odds for a long, trouble-free life span are improved
if you take proper care of your diabetes, but nothing in this life is
certain.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska