[IP] Re: Do I need a wakeup call or what?

> As many have explained on this board of late, whether
> or not I'll end up with complications depends not only on how well I
> manage my sugars, but also on genetics. (Neither of which gives me
> any certainty regarding what's to come.)

<big snip> But I don't see myself as being all that
> different from my non-D friends and family. Am I living in la-la land?
>
> If so, could somebody please give me a wakeup call?

Many people have told me I do not look like a diabetic. That's why you
do not see yourself as being all that different from your non-D friends
and family. There is no visible difference. However, there is a big
internal difference that cannot be seen. There are also no guarantees in
life - the old must die, the young may die. And for different causes and
events.

Continue living with your positive attitude as we can live with the word
*incurable* but we cannot live without hope.

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

Mom and Dad drive me crazy. They don't understand *me* and I don't
understand *them.* It's hopeless! I'm related to people I don't relate
to. Calvin (& Hobbes)