RE:[IP] Do I need a wakeup call or what?

Lee Ann said:
<Snip> At this point, diabetes doesn't feel like a death sentence to me.
Yes, I have to be concerned with things (like testing, bolusing,
planning and correcting)that others needn't ever consider... But I don't
see myself as being all thatdifferent from my non-D friends and family.
Am I living in la-la land?

and George Davis replies:
No you are not in la-la land, Lee Ann!  I have had D for 40 years and
still no complications.  I maintain an A1C in the mid 5 range, test 8 or
10 times a day, and I feel good.  I'm 68 years old now, and I plan on
being here for a long while longer ;-)

George Davis