[IP] IP] RE: prevalence of Type 1 diabetes in adults and children

> Maybe I'm missing something here, But as far as I know ALL type 1
> diabetics are placed on insulin at the time they are diagnosed. I was
> in 1940.

In fact, insulin was what got me out of the coma in 1950 and I've used
it increasingly (until pumping) ever since.

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)